[Icecast] Config and other areas of struggle

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:08:08 UTC 2016

On 23/07/16 08:31, Alan Bowness wrote:
> The only other thing I can think of is the hostname in the main <icecast>
> section, but that is set to my domain address, not to localhost or any IP
> address, local or otherwise
hostname should be the 'name' of your host computer. I use ip address so
hostname = 192.168.x.x  or 10.0.0.x or whatever your network uses
make sure your computer has a FIXED not a DYNAMIC IP address.

On your router you need to set up port forwarding so that the outside
world looking at your modem/router address on port 8000 is directed to
the host running Icecast .

If you get stuck; post your icecast.xml

regards

Robert