[Icecast] Config and other areas of struggle

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:58:37 UTC 2016

On 22 Jul 2016, at 23:08, Robert Jeffares wrote:

> On 23/07/16 08:31, Alan Bowness wrote:
>> The only other thing I can think of is the hostname in the main
>> <icecast>
>> section, but that is set to my domain address, not to localhost or
>> any IP
>> address, local or otherwise
> hostname should be the 'name' of your host computer. I use ip address
> so hostname = 192.168.x.x  or 10.0.0.x or whatever your network uses
> make sure your computer has a FIXED not a DYNAMIC IP address.
Actually, is he wants to use his Icecast instance from the Internet, the
hostname SHOULD NOT be set to internal IP (like 192.168.x.x  or
10.0.0.x). But generally this does not matter for connecting from the
outside. That is not affected at all by the hostname configured. It's
important for some things on the web interface and the playlists to work
properly and especially for yellow page (Icecast directory) listings, so
it's important it's set correct but does not impact the ability to
connect to the server.