[Icecast] Config and other areas of struggle

Damien Sykes-Lindley damien at dcpendleton.plus.com
Fri Jul 22 20:54:29 UTC 2016

Hi Alan,
In actual fact, I’m having to test everything (server, streamer and player) on the same machine, which is configured in my router to be the server. I have opened the port specified in my config and the port after it and I have set it to allow both TCP and UDP, as I didn’t know which it used.
I have also tried setting the hostname to my external IP address rather than a domain, and have even tried linking the port to a bound address, nothing. In fact if I specify a bind-address it actually comes up with an error when starting the server itself.
Cheers.
Damien.