[Icecast] Pathing syntax for icecast.xml in Windows

Jack Elliott 541 848 7021 thatjackelliott at kpov.org
Mon Jun 1 15:39:59 UTC 2015

Marvin,

Ah, thank you for clarifying where "webroot" is.

The application here will be a non-public stream with one listener
client. Icecast is hosted on a computer at our radio station. It will
receive a stream from a stream client at a remote live music event.
There will be one listener: a media player running on another computer
on the network at the station which will send the audio to the FM
transmitter.

The intial setup works fine just doing the minimum suggested
modifications to icecast.xml: change passwords and usernames, and give
mountpoint a unique name. This is all toward the top of the config file.

There is a large section toward the bottom of the config file where one
defines normal mounts and suchlike. It comes commented out and I've left
it that way since so far the setup is working.

To add a fallback, I read here (http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Icecast2) that
all I really need to do at this point is uncomment out the following in
the config file:

<mount>
<mount-name>/MountnameSameAsStaticFilename.mp3</mount-name>
<fallback-mount/MountnameSameAsStaticFilename.mp3</fallback-mount>
<fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
</mount>

And avoid doing the more complicated setting up of normal mounts, etc.
since everything is working well so far without having to do so.

--
that Jack Elliott
541 848 7021