[Icecast] Pathing syntax for icecast.xml in Windows

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:52:09 UTC 2015

On 1 Jun 2015, at 17:39, Jack Elliott 541 848 7021 wrote:

> Marvin,
>
> Ah, thank you for clarifying where "webroot" is.
>
> The application here will be a non-public stream with one listener
> client. Icecast is hosted on a computer at our radio station. It will
> receive a stream from a stream client at a remote live music event.
> There will be one listener: a media player running on another computer
> on the network at the station which will send the audio to the FM
> transmitter.
>
> The intial setup works fine just doing the minimum suggested
> modifications to icecast.xml: change passwords and usernames, and give
> mountpoint a unique name. This is all toward the top of the config
> file.
>
> There is a large section toward the bottom of the config file where
> one
> defines normal mounts and suchlike. It comes commented out and I've
> left
> it that way since so far the setup is working.
>
> To add a fallback, I read here (http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Icecast2)
> that
> all I really need to do at this point is uncomment out the following
> in
> the config file:
>
> <mount>
> <mount-name>/MountnameSameAsStaticFilename.mp3</mount-name>
> <fallback-mount/MountnameSameAsStaticFilename.mp3</fallback-mount>
> <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
> </mount>

As far as I know what you have to do is, define a mount section for your
stream:

<mount>
	<mount-name>/mystream.mp3</mount-name>
	<fallback-mount>/fallback.mp3</fallback-mount>
</mount>

I don't think that the fallback would need a config to just fallback to
itself, this makes no
sense to me.
(Disclaimer: I've never configured a fallback setup like yours)