[Icecast] Pathing syntax for icecast.xml in Windows

Jack Elliott 541 848 7021 thatjackelliott at kpov.org
Mon Jun 1 14:31:56 UTC 2015

Hi Marvin, thank you.

Okay, then to be clear, "webroot" for the purposes of running Icecast
under Windows would be the same folder where icecast.xml is normally
found, i.e., C:\Program Files\icecast

And, if I read you correctly, suppose my normal mount coming from my
source client is called /example  (it is an mp3 stream so I don't
specify the extension). If I place a file called "example.mp3" in the
webroot, and rename my live mount "example.mp3" then will Icecast
automatically fall back to the static file in the event that the source
client goes off-air?

--
that Jack Elliott
541 848 7021