[Icecast] Pathing syntax for icecast.xml in Windows

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:21:45 UTC 2015

On 1 Jun 2015, at 16:04, Jack Elliott 541 848 7021 wrote:

> Hi Philipp,
>
> Thank you.
>
> I find in the Icecast docs the following:
>
> "_A fallback mount can also state a file that is located in webroot._

This is true, and it exactly states what's wrong with your syntax. It
expects to be a mount name, as mounts will fallback to files in webroot
with the same name, if they exists, you can use a file as well.
Therefore you can't just put the full path there, like you did. (And you
path does not seem to point to webroot) If you want to have a fallback
file, put it in webroot and just put the filename in the fallback-mount,
as you would usually do with a mountpoint:

     <fallback-mount>/fallback.mp3</fallback-mount>