[Icecast] Pathing syntax for icecast.xml in Windows

Jack Elliott 541 848 7021 thatjackelliott at kpov.org
Mon Jun 1 14:04:06 UTC 2015

Hi Philipp,

Thank you.

I find in the Icecast docs the following:

"_A fallback mount can also state a file that is located in webroot._
This is useful for playing a pre-recorded file in the case of a stream
going down. It will repeat until either the listener disconnects or a
stream comes back available and takes the listeners back. As per usual,
the file format should match the stream format, failing to do so may
cause problems with playback."

This is at http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/config-file.htm
<http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/config-file.html>

So it appears that one can specify a static file as the fallback. My
question has to do with whether Icecast will be happy with the syntax I
have proposed as the path to the file.

--
that Jack Elliott
541 848 7021