[Icecast] change port in autogenerated playlist links

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Sun Jan 25 16:22:54 UTC 2015

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:06:45 +0000
"Thomas B. Rücker" <thomas at ruecker.fi> wrote:

> On 01/25/2015 02:27 PM, Marko Cupać wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using icecast2-2.4.1,1 on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE. In order to be able
> > to stream on port 80, I have redirected port 8080 to port 80 by means of
> > firewall on icecast server itself (packet filter):
> <snip />
>
> Sorry to say, but "you're holding it wrong", also we just don't support
> this.
I agree this setup is "unusual", and I understand you don't support it,
but I do not see what makes it "wrong".

> The proper way to do this is to configure <security><changeowner> and
> start Icecast as root. It will then bind to port 80 and drop itself to
> the restricted user/group provided.
I am starting icecast as root (by rc script), and I was already changing
owner to nobody/nogroup as suggested in example config file. So all I
needed to do was to change the port.

Thank you,
--
Marko Cupać