[Icecast] change port in autogenerated playlist links

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sun Jan 25 15:06:45 UTC 2015

On 01/25/2015 02:27 PM, Marko Cupać wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using icecast2-2.4.1,1 on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE. In order to be able
> to stream on port 80, I have redirected port 8080 to port 80 by means of
> firewall on icecast server itself (packet filter):
<snip />

Sorry to say, but "you're holding it wrong", also we just don't support
this.

The proper way to do this is to configure <security><changeowner> and
start Icecast as root. It will then bind to port 80 and drop itself to
the restricted user/group provided.
Another option is to remove the restriction of being root for binding to
ports below 1024 or giving the Icecast user necessary privileges to do so.

Please refer to your system's best practices to choose the right option.
I'm not an *BSD expert.

Cheers

Thomas