[Icecast] Cool Mic

Basil Mohamed Gohar basilgohar at librevideo.org
Sun Jan 18 00:08:31 UTC 2015

On 01/14/2015 04:15 PM, The Darkener wrote:
> Hi unosonic,
>
> Cool Mic's primary advantage to other source clients out there is that
> it streams in the patent-free, high quality Ogg Vorbis format
> (BroadcastMyself only supports MP3). We will be adding opus support in
> the future as well.
>
> Re: Feature requests: Re-connect sounds like the next feature that will
> be added :) Thank you. I am fairly certain you can already use a wired
> microphone/headset instead of device's internal mic (haven't tested
> myself, don't have one ATM). A profile manager (save multiple icecast
> configs) are already on the TO-DO list =) Level control and VU meter as
> well.
>

> Cheers,
> Jordan

Jordan,

Really great app idea.  I am definitely interested, and have been in something like this for a long time.  Are you planning to make it available free, freemium, or paid?  Do you plan to release source?

Opus support is definitely of interest for me as well because my interest is in broadcasting voice vs. more complicated content like music.

Also, I notice that the sample rates cap out at 44.1kHz, but Android internally defaults to 48kHz, which is also Opus's native (or, at least, most common) rate.
--
Libre Video
http://librevideo.org