[Icecast] a simple modification to html output of icecast

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 09:56:15 UTC 2015

Hello,
well, this is only a simple modification I need only me, but I don't
know why it seems not to work.
Since I'm blind, I use sometime a special braille computer in order to
access internet.
The browser is really poor and not compatible with flash, html5, so it
is quite old.
Anyway:
 From the moment I upgrade to icecast 2.4.1, instead of showing
correctly the status page:
www.nvapple.it:8000
it shows me the source of the page.
This is really annoying!

To solve the problem I must modify the line in which there is:

in:

A simple and stupid modification, as you can see, but for unexplained
reasons, it is what this  old machine wants.
So I open my ssh console.

cd /usr/share/icecast2/web
nano status.xsl

I modified the line and save.