[Icecast] a simple modification to html output of icecast

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:00:26 UTC 2015

On 26 Feb 2015, at 10:56, Simone Dal Maso wrote:

> Hello,
> well, this is only a simple modification I need only me, but I don't
> know why it seems not to work.
> Since I'm blind, I use sometime a special braille computer in order to
> access internet.
> The browser is really poor and not compatible with flash, html5, so it
> is quite old.
> Anyway:
> From the moment I upgrade to icecast 2.4.1, instead of showing
> correctly the status page:
> www.nvapple.it:8000
> it shows me the source of the page.
> This is really annoying!
>
> To solve the problem I must modify the line in which there is:

> in:

Yeah, I already noticed this and it will be fixed in the completely new
Web interface of Icecast 2.5.

> A simple and stupid modification, as you can see, but for unexplained
> reasons, it is what this  old machine wants.
> So I open my ssh console.
>
> cd /usr/share/icecast2/web
> nano status.xsl
>
> I modified the line and save.
> Restarted icecast2.
>
> But the page is always shown with:

> Why?
> Is there another page to modify?
> Thank you!

This is because the xsl transform inserts it there, try changing the
xsl:output to look like the following:
(Most important is that the method is html there.)

<xsl:output method="html" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Strict//EN"
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"
indent="yes" encoding="UTF-8" />

Please let me know if this fixes the problem!