[Icecast] icecast and proxy

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:32:44 UTC 2015

Il 25/02/2015 12:09, "Thomas B. Rücker" ha scritto:
> DO NOT UNLESS YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS!
> If you have to ask yourself "what are the implications?", you don't.
> You can easily kill your web server and other things can break too.
> Icecast explicitly does NOT support being reverse proxied!

Oh, ok...
I'm going to remove all public link from my website and replace with
port 8000.
But for now I have no will to  purchase another linode server that run
only for the webradio, also if it is the best solution.
I think that I will protect the page with a username and password, so
only me and my team can use the port80, because otherwise it is
impossible listen it at work.
So the access to that resource will be protected.
Hope it is better... and thank you!