[Icecast] upgrading icecast to 2.4.1

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Wed Feb 25 19:00:55 UTC 2015

On 02/25/2015 06:40 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> Just wondering, are the commands to upgrade icecast 2.3.2 to icecast
> version 2.4.1 the same in Ubuntu 12.04 as they are in Ubuntu 14.04? I
> do have Ubuntu 14.04 and I have tried the bash script but modified the
> links a little bit to reflect the Ubuntu 14.04 distro, but keep
> getting errors and got an invalid extension in /etc/apt/sources.list.d

Did you use the commands from the previously attached script?
The inline commands were malformed.

The repository URL for 14.04 is:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dm8tbr/xUbuntu_14.04/

I actually tested the script (with the 14.04 URL) on my 14.04 machine
before I originally sent it, so after fixing the URL it should have worked.

What error messages are you getting?

Cheers

Thomas

PS: Seeing, that there is demand for this, I'm going to see to get this
information added to the download page of icecast.org