[Icecast] icecast2.xml or darkice.cfg?

Alan Bowness awi3 at live.com
Thu Nov 27 23:26:33 UTC 2014

Thanks for the prompt reply Thomas,
Well as an amateur, and newbie, I would not know reading logs does not mean
anything to me as I have no idea what it means when I can actually find
them, this is why I am so confused. Not too sure how to check the logs,
maybe obvious to some, but alas I'm not quite acquainted with the walking
yet.
I have searched for a very long time with issues streaming to a shoutcast
server via icecast, just can't find anything out about it.
If I were to stream using icecast, would it be the icecast.xml I would have
to configure for the shoutcast server, or.. just the darkice.cfg?

Icecast is working like a dream streaming live audio to anything that
connects to it (the pi), just trying to push that live stream to a shoutcast
server via the darkice.cfg.. I'm wondering if I should point anything from
the icecast.xml to the shoutcast server, but last time I did that it broke -
wasn't sure what I was doing anyway.

I may have to try something else I guess, but I hope I don't fox-up anything
by  doing that, I've spent days configuring the little raspberry pi, hate to
start all over. eesh..

Thanks any way
Alan