[Icecast] icecast2.xml or darkice.cfg?

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Thu Nov 27 22:12:24 UTC 2014

On 11/27/2014 09:49 PM, Alan Bowness wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I’m a bit stuck, not sure if I should be configuring the icecast.xml,
> or if I’m doing something wrong in the darkice.cfg.
>
> Works perfect streaming from its self, but as soon as I add a
> shoutcast stream, it breaks – commenting out the icecast section in
> darkice.cfg I have tried various combinations of configurations with
> no luck.

I'm not sure what your problem is exactly. If it is with Icecast not
accepting a stream, then you should check the Icecast error.log.

I don't remember details, but I seem to remember darkice is not very
keen on verbose logging. Have you considered using a different source
client like Ices2?

If your problem is with Shoutcast, then we obviously can't help you.

Cheers

Thomas