[Icecast] icecast2.xml or darkice.cfg?

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Nov 28 08:11:37 UTC 2014

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014, Alan Bowness wrote:

> I have searched for a very long time with issues streaming to a shoutcast
> server via icecast, just can't find anything out about it.
> If I were to stream using icecast, would it be the icecast.xml I would have
> to configure for the shoutcast server, or.. just the darkice.cfg?

Icecast isn't able to relay streams on to Shoutcast servers.

You've got two options.

1.  If you are able to configure the Shoutcast server, you can configure
it to tune into your Icecast server just like any listener and relay the
stream that way.  this is the best solution if you can do it as you only
need to send the source once, but it requires you to be able to configure
the Shoutcast server which you may not be able to do.

2.  If 1 isn't possible, you can configure Darkice to send to both
servers.  simply include a [shoutcast-0] section in your config file along
with the [icecast2-0] section that presumably already appears.

Note that darkice will encode this stream separately so the Pi will need
to be able to encode two audio streams in real-time.

HTH,
Geoff.