[Icecast] Software running, but no audio

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Fri Nov 21 16:49:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:49:21 +0000, you wrote:

>On 11/21/2014 01:45 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:
>> Logs indicate everything's running correctly, my player says I'm
>> connected, and the Web page for the server says it's playing files,
>> but there's no audio. Strange. Any thoughts?
>
>Which player are you using? If it's not a web browser, then most desktop
>players are notoriously horrible at content-type sensing (they ignore
>HTTP headers and go for "file extension"), so make sure your mountpoint
>name ends in ".ogg".

It's Winamp, and naming the mount point with .OGG could be a problem.
We may have to revert to IceS 0.4 because normally the audio stream is
in MP3 format, but when IceS takes over when there is no live
programming, it requires the files be in Ogg Vorbis now. I suspected
this would be a problem for us. I thought that if files were in Ogg
format, IceS would send them to Icecast and Icecast would re-encode
them or otherwise handle them appropriately.