[Icecast] Software running, but no audio

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Nov 21 16:54:29 UTC 2014

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014, Steve Matzura wrote:

> It's Winamp, and naming the mount point with .OGG could be a problem.
> We may have to revert to IceS 0.4 because normally the audio stream is
> in MP3 format, but when IceS takes over when there is no live
> programming, it requires the files be in Ogg Vorbis now.

Ices 0.4 and Ices 2 were always considered separate programs and don't
really duplicate the features of each other.  So yes, Ices 0.4 is what you
want.

Icecast doesn't do any encoding or transcoding.  If you want to do that,
you'll need to use some kind of transcoding utility.  But using Ices 0.4
will likely work better in your situation.

Geoff.