[Icecast] [Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.4.1 release
"Thomas B. Rücker"
thomas at ruecker.fi
Thu Nov 20 01:20:48 PST 2014
This is to announce the release of Icecast 2.4.1.
This is a pure bugfix-only release. Upgrading to it is recommended,
especially due to security fixes. A summary of the changes is listed
below, for details please refer to the ChangeLog.
* Fix autogen.sh to work properly on OS X
* Removed threadpool from the example config
(it is long gone and unused)
* More detailed logging:
- Add source IP adress to source start/stop logging
- Add mountpoints to some log lines
* Fix logging to send errors to STDERR prior to opening log files
* Fix <auth> in default mounts (<mount type="default">)
* Fix the JSON status API (status-json.xsl),
which could return invalid JSON in some cases
* SSL Security improvements:
- Disable SSLv3
- Disable SSL compression
- Updated the default ciphers to be more secure
* Handle empty strings in config file better
* Fix logging of client connection duration time on Windows
* Fix possibly broken XML on Windows
* Require Content-Type header for PUT requests
* Fix on-connect and on-disconnect script STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR
corruption due to shared file descriptors.
* Fix JSON access by adding support for global and mount specific
custom HTTP headers
* HTTP PUT implementation currently doesn’t support
chunked encoding yet.
* HTTP PUT with “Expect: 100-Continue” receives first a “100” and
soon after a “200”, instead of the “200” at end of transmission.
* Caution should be exercised when using <on-connect> or
<on-disconnect>, as there is a small chance of stream file
descriptors being mixed up with script file descriptors, if the
FD numbers go above 1024. This will be further addressed in the
next Icecast release.
* Don’t use comments inside <http-headers> as it will prevent
processing of further <header> tags.
* Web interface shows Login when using just stream_auth.
Source tar ball:
Soon I'll also update the OBS repositories from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1:
The package repositories are here:
While the packages don't go through extensive testing, they should work
fine, please report any issues you encounter on the icecast mailing list.
More information about the Icecast