[Icecast] Problem with web services

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Tue Mar 25 07:30:57 UTC 2014

JFTR, this has been resolved on IRC, as the user posed the question
there too.
For further reference I'll summarize the result below.

On 24/03/14 23:40, Jo se wrote:
> Hey oh
>
> i'm using one Ubuntu 12.04, and i set up a radio server automatized
> with airtime.
>
> The problem is, even i don't have any problem checking the airtime
> site or the icecast web service by my web browser, when i install my
> radio online player, which is basicaly a .html page with javascript &
> html language inside, the icecast web service can't find it, the same
> setup i use it on my CentOS & my Windows icecast services, but this is
> the only one who doesn't work.
>
> so the situation is, why he can't find it? i already put the specific
> folder of the player on /usr... web & in /etc... web, also i put it on
> /etc... icecast2 where it supose must go, and corrected the status.xsl
> links to it, but still doesn't work.

There is a peculiarity in how Debian packages Icecast. The webroot is in
/usr/share/icecast2/web but as theoretically /usr could be read only,
debian symlinks the XSLT files from /etc/icecast/web.
So for further public reference:
The webroot on Debian as of today is /usr/share/icecast2/web and NOT
/etc/icecast/web, if you want icecast to be able to find your files AND
follow the debian-way then put your files in /etc/icecast/web and
symlink them from /usr/share/icecast2/web.

In general, reading error.log, after possibly increasing log level to
4/Debug and restarting icecast, helps to diagnose many problems.

Cheers

Thomas