[Icecast] relay help

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Fri Oct 18 04:44:37 UTC 2013

On 10/18/2013 04:16 AM, Bellingham Scanner wrote:
> Anyway I have found that if the Broadcastify server goes down it also
> causes by locally hosted feed to be unavailable. Now this is probably
> more of a Darkice issue because it is Darkice that has the problem
> since it encodes the audio and feeds my Icecast server and Broadcastfy
> (Who I believe is using a version of Icecast)

yeah, sounds like your source client misbehaves if one of the servers fails.

> My question is can I set up Icecast as a relay to Broadcastify? I read
> the short documentation on relaying but I do not understand it
> completely. As Broadcastify has supplied me with a server, password,
> and mount point. I seems like I would simply use a single broadcast
> relay but I see no way to use the password.

Yes a single relay would pull the stream from the Broadcastify server to
your own Icecast.
You don't need any password for this, unless the stream needs listener
authentication. Icecast just shows up as a regular listener at the other
server (in this case Broadcastify).

If that doesn't work, then there are other options how to approach this.

Cheers

Thomas