[Icecast] relay help

Phil - w2lie w2lie at w2lie.net
Sat Oct 19 14:28:25 UTC 2013

I replied yesterday, but think I missed the group:

What you need to do is tell Broadcastify that you have your own Icecast
server.  Give them the full URL, port, and mount name. They are the ones
that need to configure the relay.

I currently stream multiple live scanner feeds via my own Icecast
install, but have Broadcastify relaying only 4 of my feed (the
countywide feeds).  If you change your Icecast URL, you will need to
notify them.

If you are using their services strictly to support smart phones, there
are other options.  You can reach out directly to the author of Scanner
Radio app (Gordon Edwards), and see if he can add your feeds to the
directory.   Using that method, my listeners can find my countywide
feeds under Broadcastify and under w2lie.net.   All my other feeds
appear under the w2lie.net directory.

Good luck.
73
Phil / w2lie

www.w2lie.net
Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums