[Icecast] Opus vs. Vorbis

TheDarkener thedarkener at logicalnetworking.net
Fri May 31 15:52:16 UTC 2013

Hi Dennis,

Thank you very much for this info, it helps a lot!

I'm curious about the track changing - I know that this currently is a
semi-issue even with my own vorbis streams and some listening clients..
for example, with ffmp3 sometimes the stream will drop between tracks.
I'm also curious as to the implementation of "Intro" files (and
tracks/live input in general, I guess) in Opus format and if, because of
the "Dynamically adjustable bitrate" ( http://opus-codec.org ), you are
able to stream files/input at different bitrates without disconnection
of listening clients.

Cheers,
Jordan

Jordan (PGP: 0xDA470FF8)