[Icecast] Sporadic Issues

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Wed Feb 27 15:12:07 UTC 2013

El mié, 27-02-2013 a las 15:36 +0100, Xabier Oneca -- xOneca escribió:
> My last sentence still aplies to the bitrate.

Thanks Xabier, I mixed "burst" with "bitrate", was my confusion ;)

> We usually use 80kbps, but sometimes we have used 64kbps (e.g. when
> sourcing from a cellular network).
>
> With music you can get the difference, but with voice there's no need
> to use more bitrate unless you want more quality in the audio itself.

We use analog mixers where we enter the different audio sources and only
one stereo audio output goes to the source client Ices2 through the line
input of the computer where de Ices2 is located.
Thus, the bitrate is fixed, is the same for all signals.