[Icecast] Sporadic Issues

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Wed Feb 27 12:26:34 UTC 2013

Hi

El mié, 27-02-2013 a las 09:50 +0100, michel memeteau escribió:
> Hi
>
> 2013/2/27 José Luis Artuch <artuch at speedy.com.ar>
>         At least here, with loop and preload the problem persists.
>         I think it's a good option to use more than one alternative,
>         like you
>         have on your website:
>
>         <source src="http://www.radiogalere.org:8080/galere.mp3"
>         type='audio/mpeg'>
>         <source src="http://www.radiogalere.org:8080/galere.ogg"
>         type='audio/ogg'>
>

> Just to be sure you understand, this alternative in ogg format is not
> here in case the mp3 stream is down, but to allow a full html5
> expérience so 99% of our users can listen with html5 ( well 82% if I
> see http://caniuse.com/audio)

The stream in ogg is never present or is not present only when the mp3
stream is down ?.
Are you using Icecast2 ? ... In http://www.radiogalere.org:8080 I can
not see mountpoints :(

> But as you now , 50% of the browser don't support mp3 and 30% don't
> support  ogg so the ogg/mp3 is the solution to avoid flash for 82% of
> your listeners.
>

> I though the preload="none" would change something but it seems not.
> Do you have any Burst option on your icecast.xml ?

I have not made ​​many tests on "burst" and I've left burst values that
icecast.xml has by default:
<burst-on-connect>0</burst-on-connect>
<burst-size>65535</burst-size>
Examples:
http://www.radioclaromeco.com.ar
http://www.fmreta.com.ar (click to "ESCUCHAR!" at the top right)
http://www.fmcristal3arroyos.com.ar

I have seen many stations with burst 64k instead of 65k.
What values ​​do you use ?.