[Icecast] Sporadic Issues

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:50:08 UTC 2013

Hi

2013/2/27 José Luis Artuch <artuch at speedy.com.ar>

> At least here, with loop and preload the problem persists.
> I think it's a good option to use more than one alternative, like you
> have on your website:
>
> <source src="http://www.radiogalere.org:8080/galere.mp3"
> type='audio/mpeg'>
> <source src="http://www.radiogalere.org:8080/galere.ogg"
> type='audio/ogg'>

Just to be sure you understand, this alternative in ogg format is not here
in case the mp3 stream is down, but to allow a full html5 expérience so 99%
of our users can listen with html5 ( well 82% if I see
http://caniuse.com/audio)

But as you now , 50% of the browser don't support mp3 and 30% don't support
 ogg so the ogg/mp3 is the solution to avoid flash for 82% of your
listeners.

I though the preload="none" would change something but it seems not. Do you
have any Burst option on your icecast.xml ?