[Icecast] maximum file descriptor limit - icecast freeze

Alexandru Matei alexandru.ort at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:38:16 UTC 2013

Hi!

A week ago I had a blocked icecast server because of the open files. I
read some posts about the 1024 fd limit but this is not the case. My
stations rarely has 300 listeners. From the log I can see that around
3PM I had 7 listeners on a mount and 35 on another one. Then, suddenly
the only line written to the log is
[2013-02-13  15:59:06] WARN connection/accept_client accept() failed
with error 24: Too many open files
After some hours I found out about this issue and had to kill icecast.
The stop command didn't work. This is the only time this happened.
If it were about the number of listerners they would have showed up in
the log... So...could have been an attack? The others system logs were
clean.

I'm running ubuntu 10.04 lts and icecast 2.3.3 kh5 branch - build 30-gfe06a77

Alexandru

P.S. File log at this linkhttp://ortodoxradio.ro/error.log.zip