[Icecast] Relaying with Icecast - stand-by or active all the time?

Xabier Oneca -- xOneca xoneca+icecast at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 07:40:50 UTC 2013

Excuse me, I understood wrong your question.

I think the difference is that if the server is already connected to the
source when a client comes, that client will start to listen sooner than if
the server has to connect to the source. I have personally not tested
timings, but if you don't mind the bandwidth, I would go for the permanent
stream.

Xabier Oneca_,,_