[Icecast] Icecast Startup Failed

Rücker Thomas thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Sat Aug 18 13:17:37 UTC 2012

Hi Johanes,

On 17/08/12 12:35, Johanes Kunto wrote:
> Hi, thanks for your response.
>
> Based from your advice I try to check the XML used the command
> "xmllint --noout /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml" . Because I got response
> "xmllint: command not found", I installed xmllint (sudo apt-get
> install libxml2-utils). After that, I check again (xmllint --noout
> /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml) and the result just return to the prompt
> (which means XML is correct ? ).

That means that it's not an XML problem, yes.

Have you changed anything aside from the passwords? It could be some
option that you switched on.

You could reset the file to defaults using this command:
sudo zcat /usr/share/doc/icecast2/icecast.xml.dist.gz
 >/etc/icecast2/icecast.xml

> FYI, I run Ubuntu 12.04 & icecast2 (from default ports.ubuntu
> repository) in ARM Processor.

I haven't run Icecast on ARM in a while, but don't see why this should
impact startup.

Cheers

Thomas