[Icecast] Camera MJPEG to Icecast

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 2 09:03:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 03:32:16PM +0700, Bino Oetomo wrote:
> Dear Thomas
> I Really Appreciate your enlightment
> Thomas B. Ruecker wrote:
> > let's stop RIGHT HERE!
> > Isn't it obvious?
> > Something is wrong with your pipeline here. There is NOTHING coming through.
> > Which brings us back to the previous point.
> > First make sure ffmpeg2theora has all the right options set, then verify
> > that it produces an valid ogg file/stream and only then try to oggfwd it.
> >

> You are right !!
> I try to open the ogg file ... and nothing comes up.
>
> Now (I ithink) I fix the problem using recipe from
> http://johnbeales.com/20080820/using-vlc-to-transcode-an-axis-cameras-video-stream-and-stream-it-out-again/#vlc-transcode-solution
oh, dear!
Why don't you use directly the icecast output option of vlc?

It would most likely look like this:
vlc -vvv rtsp://CAMERA-IP-ADDRESS:554/mpeg4/media.amp --no-drop-late-frames --no-sout-audio --sout "#transcode{vcodec=theo,acodec=vorb,ab=1,channels=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=shout,mux=ogg,dst=source:PASSWORDHERE at localhost:8000/stream.ogg}}

DISCLAIMER: I only tried this 'sout' line part briefly, YMMV.

If your CPU maxes out you might want to add some 'scale=0.5' to the #transcode options. Experiment with the value varying it from 1 to 0.1 to find a suitable value.

Cheers

Thomas