[Icecast] Forcing an ID on all mountpoints

W2LIE w2lie at w2lie.net
Tue Nov 2 19:35:46 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a way to tag my live feeds via an audio announcement every
30 minutes or so using the Linux install of Icecast.

Some of the feeds I control locally, and other feeds are from remote
locations - so implimenting this must be as painless as possible for each
encoding location.

As of now, the best way I can think of to do this is by running 2
instances of Icecast.  Allowing the first instance to have the announcement
as part of the "intro" tag, and kick each feed after 30 minutes, and then
having the 2nd instance of Icecast relay all of the feeds from the first
Icecast.  These will also be standard announcements, and not rotating
commercials.

If this is the easiest way to continue, what is the process for installing
a 2nd copy of Icecast on CentOS?  Or do I just use icecast -b -c config.1
and icecast -b -c config.2 for each copy I want to run?

Thanks for any help in getting this little project finalized.

73
Phil /  W2LIE.