[Icecast] live mpeg4 input

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue May 25 22:35:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Pablo Baena <pbaena at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you provide the scripts you use so I can compare and try to find
> the problem? I'm doing some processing in the frames using gstreamer,
> but even when not doing processing, I observed a lot of lag in the
> transmision from icecast. This halted my progress and I was
> investigating other RTSP alternatives to avoid the lag.

Sure!  My script (with the icecast password changed) is attached.

Icecast will buffer according to what it needs to burst into a new
connection IIRC. Clients will also have some buffer.  So, there's some
unavoidable lag.  However, the lag should only ge a few seconds, not a
minute, and it would only grow steadily if the client is doing
something wrong...

Monty