[Icecast] occasional glitching when playing

Rob roberta.slack at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:01:07 UTC 2010

Hi Geoff,

> some questions:
>
> 1.  What is the bitrate of your stream?

128kbps

> 2.  How much bandwidth do you have between your source and your streaming
> server?

Fast connection, ~500kbps achievable upload.

> 3.  How many listeners do you have?

< 10. The glitching occurs even with only 1 listener. It seems to repair
itself for a while if the listener reloads the stream.

> 4.  How much bandwidth does your streaming server have to service
> listeners?

Using Amazon EC2, bandwidth is advertised as 250mbps. I have a small
instance running Fedora dedicated to Icecast and nothing else.

Many thanks,
Rob