[Icecast] occasional glitching when playing

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Jul 12 16:40:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Rob wrote:

> I'm running Icecast 2.3.2. Every few seconds, streams are interrupted by a
> noticeable glitching or popping sound.
>
> It sounds like it's being caused by a buffering or latency problem but I'm
> not sure how to fix it.
>
> If the listener re-connects to the stream it stops the glitching for a few
> minutes, but eventually it returns.

some questions:

1.  What is the bitrate of your stream?

2.  How much bandwidth do you have between your source and your streaming
server?

3.  How many listeners do you have?

4.  How much bandwidth does your streaming server have to service
listeners?

These should help us narrow down your problem.

Geoff.