[Icecast] serving crossdomain.xml from icecast web-root

Fu Kite (Eric Labelle) eric.a.labelle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 03:42:17 UTC 2009

Hi

I'm trying to serve a flash app the crossdomain.xml file for a flash app
from the web root of my icecast2 server but everytime my app requests the
file it gets it but with the wrong mime type. After asking on irc I tried
the following solution:

<icecast>
<mime-types>/etc/mime.types</mime-types>

to force it to use the main server mime-type definitions however it still
served the file as application/octet-stream and was ignored by flash which
ended up throwing a security sandbox exception...

http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2009-April/011444.html

this user (david saunders) somehow got it to work back in april so if david
or anyone else can explain how they overcame this problem (or anyone else) i
would be really grateful.

Thanks
--
Eric Labelle