[Icecast] Who sets the mount point?

Eric Kolotyluk eric at sfu.ca
Wed Oct 28 04:33:51 UTC 2009

OK, I solved my problem. I was using ODDCAST v2. I switched to edcast
(ODDCAST v3) and was able to set the mountpoint to something different.
I can change it in the edcast configuration and it automatically changes
the mount-point in IceCast. Wha-Hoo!

There is some incredibly valuable information in this thread that should
be in the IceCast documentation on the "Icecast 2 - Basic Setup" page.

It would also be nice if there were an official Icecast wiki somewhere
so that people could document things as they figure them out.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

Cheers, Eric