[Icecast] Who sets the mount point?

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Tue Oct 27 23:48:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 02:49:18PM -0700, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
> Sorry for what seems like a real newbie question, but who actually sets
> the mount point? Is it the client/source, the icecast.xml file, or both?

As I understand it, a source client has to specify a mount point when it
connects.

If that mount point was already specified in the icecast server config,
then the associated mount options will be applied.

If the client specified mount point was not previously known to icecast,
then a new mount point with the name given by the source client is
created.

-Eric Rz.