[Icecast] limit source bitrate

Pierpaolo gullˆa sviluppo at audiias.com
Wed Jan 28 23:17:28 UTC 2009

Hi Karl ,

I' using your latest branch , I downloaded it here
http://www.icecast.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/.

I try your instruction ,  adding the <limit-rate> tag before  the
closure of </mount> tag.

Now I'm trying using the value 300000 ( are byte?) 300K (using the big K
not k and seems to runs very good) and soon I will use the value 0.3M or
1M or 1.3 M

If I use a bitrate upper the 300000 kilobyt I cannot connect to the
server , but you say to me " it does drop the connection if the rate
stays high for a certain amount of time.  "

To me the connections doesn't start if I go up ther limit. Now I try
with a media that starts with a value under the limit and go upper later
during the streaming , so I see how Icecast responds.

Reply send my result to you and the Mainling List.

Best Regards

Pierpaolo