[Icecast] Different password for every mountpoint

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Jul 22 20:59:46 UTC 2008

Pierpaolo gull~Ha wrote:

> It's possible with the last version of icecast2 to set a diffferent
> password for every mountpoint different from the server's password?

Yes.  If you create a <mount> section for each mountpoint, you can specify
a password to use.  An example is given in the sample config file.

My suggestion is to set your global source password to someting only you
know and don't give it to anyone except maybe people you trust as they will
be able to make any mountpoint with such a password.  Maybe it would be
useful to be able to disable this?  Anyway, then specify a <mount> section
for each mountpoint you want to use and give a password in each one.

Let me know if you need any further help with this.

Geoff.