[Icecast] Different password for every mountpoint

Pierpaolo gullˆa sviluppo at audiias.com
Sun Jul 20 12:20:59 UTC 2008

Hi guys ,

I have a little doubt:

It's possible with the last version of icecast2 to set a diffferent
password for every mountpoint different from the server's password?

Becasue I want to manage the access to the server for every mountpoint
and without give the server's password.

Another question it's if I do some changes on the icecast.xml
configuration , and later restart the icecast with /etc/init.d/icecast2
restart (debian linux box) , icecast takes the changes on the xml
configuration?

Because I want to try to modify the icecast.xml dinamically with php.

Big thanks for your help

Goodbye

Pierpaolo