[Icecast] How to subscribe new stream in icecast directory.

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Jul 17 12:28:27 UTC 2008

Salahuddin Ahmed wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
>  I am new in this community. Recently I build a new streaming station.
> This stream in AAC. I want to subscribe this in the icecast stream
> directory. How can I do this? please can anybody help me?

The <directory> tags for dir.xiph.org are needed (they may be commented
out). Then you need to make your stream public which is usually a flag
set in the source client.

BTW You may of already set the above correctly because the url you
provided indicates that the <hostname> setting is wrong, it currently
says localhost which is not really a valid name/IP for other internet
users to use so the stream directory server will send a message back to
you for that which you can see in your error log.

karl.