[Icecast] Streaming to Doja devices

Horacio Sanson hsanson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:21:03 UTC 2007

Thanks for the replies...  it looks I will have to implement my own streamming
server....

A question unrelated to icecast: what format (Ogg, Matroska, WMV, MP4) would
be more appropiate to handle streaming in bursts??

I think maybe Ogg is good for this as the server can keep state information of
the last stream/page a client downloaded and send the next group of pages
when the client requests more data.  MP4 format uses a single data box that
contains all media (as I understand) that would require me to implement a
mechanism to split and keep track of the data send.

any comments appreciated....

Horacio