[Icecast] Streaming to Doja devices

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:42:49 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Horacio Sanson <hsanson at gmail.com> wrote:
> A question unrelated to icecast: what format (Ogg, Matroska, WMV, MP4) would
> be more appropiate to handle streaming in bursts?

Ogg is very likely to do what you want.  The problem is finding
software that makes it behave like that.  Icecast isn't prepared for
this.  However, from the little I know about it, I believe Icecast may
be expanded to support a "burst mode".  Why don't you give it a try?

Ogg is also good because it can carry pretty much anything, which the
other containers you mentioned (besides Matroska, which doesn't count
because it is not for streaming) can't.  Video, audio, and
applications.  That's Ogg.

Do I sound biased?  Well, it is a Xiph list.

-Ivo