[Icecast] Basics about Videostreaming?

Balint Jacint bjacint at kvark.hu
Fri Jan 19 07:20:28 UTC 2007

As of CPU load, a 3 GHz P4 machine is capable of encoding live video
realtime with the following parameter: 640x480, 200kbs, 32kbs vorbis
audio, 10fps.
If I raised any of the parameters, the CPU got overloaded. With the
mentioned parameters the CPU load is around 90%.
Unfortunately ffmpeg2theora is not multithreaded yet, that would help a
lot... Does anyone know how to make it support SMP machines?

Yours,
Jacint