[Icecast] Add-on patch to support .pls .asx .ram .qtl listing formats

Guy Baconnière baco at infomaniak.ch
Sun Sep 24 08:51:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

If you have multiple players installed on your PC/Mac .m3u will always
open the last media player who are the default in charge of the extension
and mime m3u.

On your web site you want maybe to force a link to open real media player
or quicktime/itune. You need to create a .pls to force winamp loading the
streaming because windows media player won't open .pls etc.

If you add a .pls file or other listing formats to icecast root you
will receive incorrect mime type so maybe a futur "todo" can be customized
mime-types for each extension.

So I have included in attachement a patch to implement all listings formats
available in order to generate a listing with a link to the streaming.
Based on http://www.streamalot.com/playlists/playlist-formats.htm

I hope you can include this patch in your next release and make once again
icecast the best audio streaming server available on the market !
-- thanks for your great product !

Best Regards,
Guy Baconniere

--