[Icecast] icecast internet access

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 18 18:17:18 UTC 2006

Steve Sykes wrote:
> I have ices/icecast running and can listen on my home network. I am
> using port 8020 because my isp blocks 80, and 8080 is being used.  I
> have a dyndns address and webhop.  My problem is that I can't seem to
> get the audio page and stream outside of my home network.  My router
> and firewall are open correctly as far as I can tell.
check if port 8020 is mapped in your router to the internal ip of your
server an the same port your icecast server uses.
> Is there an easy guide to set up the webpage for outside access?  Is
> there a way to test internally to see if the outside world is seeing it?
yes, use an proxy in your web browser. your isp might provide a http
proxy. or use some anonymizer-proxy. they will route your request to the
outside and back to the external ports of your router.
testing the web-interface is sufficient. not all players can be
configured for proxy access etc.
If the web interface works, everything else will work too.

Cheers

Thomas