[Icecast] ICECAST Version 2.3.1

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Tue Jan 24 02:10:09 UTC 2006

Todd Rittel wrote:

>    just wanted to know if there's anything i need to do different to
> install and confiqure version 2.3.1 as oposed to version 2.2 or not ??

Installation should be the same.  I think there are some extra config
items, but doing a diff between your distributed config files for the 2.2
and 2.3.1 versions should alert you as to what these are.

Disclaimer:  I've yet to upgrade, it's on my todo list.

>    and what exactly is there in 2.3.1 anyways ?? is it any better then
> version 2.2 ??

uh.  yeah.

News file: http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/tags/icecast_2_3_1/NEWS
Detailed change log:
http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/tags/icecast_2_3_1/ChangeLog
You can also find these inthe Icecast distribution.

Note that the News file has not been updated for Icecast 2.3.1 by the look
of things, it seems to be the same as for 2.3.0.

>    and is there any way i can edit the server to make my scanner go live
> (like right the the second)

Sorry, but I don't understand the question.  PLease clarify.

Geoff.