[Icecast] Problem with Icecast as Windows-services

henk van de ridder henk.vande.ridder at solcon.nl
Mon Jan 23 14:14:36 UTC 2006

Hello,

We have some problems to use icecast as a Windows Services.
We have installed the latest Icecast version in Services mode.

We start Icecast.
We see an icecast-service running
When we connect to the machine, streaming of a MP3-file (by using  a M3U
playlist) is OK

But when we logoff our user, then we cannot get connection to the stream
anymore.

When we login again, we see icecast is in the 'stopped' mode.

Does anybody know what we are doing wrong ? Is there a special setting we
need to use ? Or a special parameter when starting icecast as a service ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

With kind regards.,
Henk vd Ridder

(I know, Linux does not have these problems,....)